Easy Rider aan de MV augusta

Gestart door DeWitte, 23 februari, 2007, 18:43:34

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

DeWitte

CiteerYou thought that Peter Fonda, star of legendary motorcycle movie Easy Rider, would be riding a chopper or at least a Harley, right? Well, you thought wrong. Peter rides one of the nasties and most exclusive factory produced sport bikes, you can get your hands on, the MV Agusta F4-1000. How do I know this? Because I found a video interview featuring him and the bike on Los Angeles times' CalenderLive.com, and as the interview states, he's not afraid to use it either.

Filmke en hele Interview

"I've had this puppy up to 189," Fonda said, not so much boasting as marveling at his own stupidity during a rest stop at Coldwater Canyon Park. "I never want to do that again. One road rut, and I would have been toast."

Truth be told, it would be strange if he'd never owned a Harley Davidson, and of course he has. In fact he's had three of them, along with some Triumphs, a Ducati, a few BMW's and what not. Which goes to show it's not about being a chopper dude/chick, bad ass bobber biker, sportbike jockey, dirt track devil or GoldWing granny, because there's no such thing. You're a motorcycle rider, and if you're all stock on a certain motorcycle type, you're just cutting yourself off from some of the fun. Sure, we have our preferences, but basically it's all about two wheels and an engine.

As Peter Fonda puts it "There's no fences on the highway, man!"
Treat every problem as your dog would: If you can't eat it, fuck it or piss on it, then walk away

HD4ever

Citaat van: "Dwars"
CiteerYou thought that Peter Fonda, star of legendary motorcycle movie Easy Rider, would be riding a chopper or at least a Harley, right? Well, you thought wrong. Peter rides one of the nasties and most exclusive factory produced sport bikes, you can get your hands on, the MV Agusta F4-1000. How do I know this? Because I found a video interview featuring him and the bike on Los Angeles times' CalenderLive.com, and as the interview states, he's not afraid to use it either.

Filmke en hele Interview

"I've had this puppy up to 189," Fonda said, not so much boasting as marveling at his own stupidity during a rest stop at Coldwater Canyon Park. "I never want to do that again. One road rut, and I would have been toast."

Truth be told, it would be strange if he'd never owned a Harley Davidson, and of course he has. In fact he's had three of them, along with some Triumphs, a Ducati, a few BMW's and what not. Which goes to show it's not about being a chopper dude/chick, bad ass bobber biker, sportbike jockey, dirt track devil or GoldWing granny, because there's no such thing. You're a motorcycle rider, and if you're all stock on a certain motorcycle type, you're just cutting yourself off from some of the fun. Sure, we have our preferences, but basically it's all about two wheels and an engine.

As Peter Fonda puts it "There's no fences on the highway, man!"

Bedankt voor het filmke Dwars !!. Respect dat die 'ouwe' met 67 jaar nog zo'n snelle sportfiets rijdt. Zou niet slecht zijn als wij allemaal straks met 67 ook nog 'on the road' zouden zijn.  :wink:

En zou je zelf een replica van de 1952 Panhead "Captain America" willen rijden zoals in de 1969 film 'Easy Riders' dan kun je die vandaag de dag nog laten nabouwen op:
http://www.classicchopperinc.com/Captain%20America.html
"Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them"